Shaving Last.FM Yaks

Long-time readers might remember that I once had a bit of an obsession with aggregating web feeds on sites that I called “planets”. I wrote Perlanet to make this job easier and I registered the domain theplanetarium.org to host these planets. The planets I built were of varying levels of usefulness – but of all […]

Version Numbers

Last week I mentioned how I had uploaded a new version of Symbol::Approx::Sub. Because there were pretty major changes to the inner workings of the module (although the interface still looked the same) I decided that I would move it from version 2.07 to version 3. At the same time, I decided that I would […]

Hacking Symbol::Approx::Sub

In October, for (I think) the second year, Digital Ocean ran Hacktoberfest – a campaign encouraging people to submit pull requests to Github repos in exchange for free t-shirts. A few of us thought that this might be a good way to do a small bit of easy Perl advocacy, so we tagged some issues […]

Updating Ogg::Vorbis::Header

Last night, I uploaded a new version of Ogg::Vorbis::Header – a CPAN module that hasn’t been updated since 2003 and which I strongly suspect no-one at all uses any more. You might be interested to hear what I did or why I did it. About a year ago, I wrote about the dashboard I had […]