XML::Feed is the module that does most of the heavy lifting for Perlanet and, as such, it powers some important parts of the Perl community’s infrastructure. Unfortunately, for a while now it’s had a rather long list of outstanding bugs that weren’t getting fixed.
Sometime last year, Matt Trout got co-maintainership on the module and shortly afterwards he shared it with me. I released a couple of versions last year (largely to fix one particular and important bug) and fixed a few of the easier bugs on the list, but most of the list remained untouched.
Whilst working on these few fixes I set up a copy of the repository on Github. And about a month ago, that started to pay dividends as I got a couple of pull requests from Gabor. In combination with a couple of new bug reports that came it at about the same time, this galvanised me into putting a bit more effort into the module.
I’ve released a couple of new versions in the last week. Most importantly, I think that version 0.48 fixes the test failures that were common in the last few releases – and initial indications are that I’m right.
It seems that people are interested in this module. So let’s see if we can get a little community going. I’ve set up a mailing list to discuss the module and. of course, there’s already the bug list and the Github repository.
Patches welcome. Github pull requests even more so. But if you just have ideas and suggestions or want advice on how to use the module, I’d love to hear from you.