Category: Community

• Perl Tutorial

Google Reader just showed me Mithaldu’s blog post about the falling level of Google searches for the term “perl tutorial“. The fall is, of course, more than a little worrying and we should do what we can to get more people searching for Perl. But I wondered what results Google is currently returning for this…

• Moving Stuff Around

A few weeks ago I talked about a few domains that I was going to let lapse unless anyone wanted to do anything with them. No-one showed any interest so the domains will go away over the next few months. But in order to hang on to the content, I spend a couple of hours…

• Perl News

Remember use.perl? It’s moth-balled now, but for years it provided two valuable services to the Perl community. Firstly it provided a hosted blog platform which many people used to write about many things – sometimes even Perl. Of course we now have blogs.perl.org which provides a very similar service. And secondly, it provided a place…

• London.pm Tech Meeting

On Thursday we had the first London.pm tech meeting for a rather long time. But it was well worth the wait. We were at Net-A-Porter‘s very nice offices above the Westfield shopping centre. There were four interesting talks. Pete Sergeant talked about High Level Web Testing, Zefram explained the New Extensibility Features Coming in Perl…

• Three Short Announcements

Been a while since I’ve had time to post anything here, but I’ve just got time for three quick announcements. 1/ Last week I ran some public training courses. I’ve just put the slides online. 2/ There’s a London.pm technical meeting in two weeks time. It’s at Net-A-Porter (above the Westfield shopping centre) on October…