People seem to be coming round to the idea that Perl needs better marketing. Both Ovid and Gabor have written some interesting blog posts recently.
- What Does the Outside of Perl Look Like?
- Defining the Marketing Problem
- Solutions Are Not Problems. Problems Are Problems
- Perception is Reality – we need a director of marketing
- Is it really hard to find good Perl programmers?
I’m glad to see this idea getting traction. It’s something that I mentioned in 2006. So whilst people are talking about it, let’s see if we can get something done. A large number of Perl programmers will be getting together in Lisbon next week, so I’m trying to arrange a session where we can talk this through and make some kind of plan. If you’re interested in marketing Perl and you’ll be in Lisbon, then please sign up and and come along.